Saturday 7 May 2011

Water for Elephants

Today I went with my Father to see 'Water for Elephants' starring Robert Pattinson (no, of course this is not why I wanted to see it, who do you think I am? Cough...) and Reese Witherspooon. It's an adaptation from the book by Sara Gruen, a story set in 1931 following the journey of Jacob Jankowski, a young man who almost completes his course at Cornell to become a licensed vet, when his Polish parents die in a car accident. As there was no will or plan for him, his home is taken and he is alone. Jacob is doomed until he discovers the Benzini Brothers travelling circus. Here he becomes the circus vet and he discovers the circus owner's beautiful wife, Marlena. She is the main attraction at the circus and her husband August has anger management problems that are revealed.
Now I will stop as I will end up telling you the end and you won't want to see it. The trailer does not give much of the plot away, so I went in not knowing what to expect, but I was very pleased with what I saw. The cinematography was very good, I loved the story line, but most of all, they re-created the atmosphere of a 30's circus beautifully. The costumes, the set design, the acting; it was all executed perfectly!







e x

No comments:

Post a Comment