Sunday 12 February 2012

"The aura given out by a person or object is as much a part of them as their flesh"

If this was Myspace, and I could change my 'mood status' {remember that? Oh, those were the days, before Facecrack} right now I would be feeling 'culturally enriched and inspired'. Those probably weren't options, they were usually things that could be represented with a little yellow smiley faced emoticon, but anyways... Back to the point! Today, I went to see the Lucian Freud exhibition at the National Portrait Gallery, and it was wondrous. Every painting is approximately 10 billion times more exquisite up close. The process he went through to produce a painting was interesting to learn about, sometimes taking over 100 hours and several sittings, or years, and he would take care of the model with gossip, poetry and good food. He is the master and will be missed dearly, with his life is captured perfectly in all his works.






Just when you think Freud couldn't get more epic, he adds his whippets, Pluto and Eli, into the paintings, and then you die from the astounding amount of beauty you have witnessed.
Maybe that's just me.

Before I go, here is a photo of my in my new lipstick, being a massive dweeb on Photobooth, with my wicked nails.


e x

No comments:

Post a Comment